In some locations, there is a 1-2 week wait for testing appointments. However, it is possible that we will have earlier or same-day appointments.
Please follow these important steps for registration:
1. Register for License Express if you do not already have a Washington ID card. At the end of the process, you will be given a PIC # (Personal Identification Code or also known as Confirmation ID) which is a combination of letters and numbers. Write this number down as it will be required to enroll in either the Knowledge or Skills Test. Having this number will speed up the process in verification. Make sure you have this when you arrive for the test in addition to photo identification. Without this number, you will not be able to schedule any required tests and we will not be able to report necessary scores to the DOL.
3. Pass the Knowledge Test.* Register for the test on our secure website (see link at the end of the page). When we receive your order and it has been verified, our office will confirm your ID number provided when registering then a verification email will be sent to you (or you will receive a phone call) and you will be able to go online to schedule your testing appointment at our scheduling website: ScheduleAgent.com. You must register before you can schedule your test. Confirmation via email or phone call could take up to 24 hours. We are closed on Sundays and major holidays.
*If you have completed a teen course with us, your first two attempts of the Knowledge Test are free WITH the purchase of a Skills Test. Please call our office to pay and schedule to receive our discounted offer.
4. Practice driving every day. Drive so often that your confidence and skill will overcome any test anxiety that may hit you. You will also need to go to the DOL to get a learner’s permit before doing any driving practice on the road.
5. Pass the Skills Test.** Register for the test on our secure website. When we receive your order, our office will confirm your ID number provided when registering then a verification email will be sent to you (or you will receive a phone call) and you will be able to schedule your testing appointment at our scheduling website: ScheduleAgent.com. Confirmation via email or phone call could take up to 24 hours. We are closed on Sundays and major holidays. You will have needed to take and pass the knowledge test before scheduling the skills test. What’s on the skills test? Click each link to see a video of the pre-test, backing, parallel parking, lane changing and turning.
**If you are under the age of 18, you will need to have confirmation that you have taken a Driver’s Education Course in Washington State.
After the above steps are completed go to the DOL office nearest you to complete the Licensing application process. This includes paying an application fee, having your picture taken, and receiving your license. Some documents you will need to bring include:
– Proof of Identity
– Traffic Safety Course Certificate (if applicant is 16 or 17 years old)
– Social Security Number (actual card not necessary)
– Proof of Residency
Good luck! We wish you well as you prepare for getting your license.